Monday, May 16, 2011

Laundry Detergent, powder

Ingredients:
Fels Naptha soap bars
20 Mule borax
Arm & Hammer washing soda
Container to store detergent (I use a Rubbermaid container.)
1 - 1 tbsp scooper

Instructions:
1. Grate Fels Naptha soap bars
2. Measure soap
3. Add 1/2 to whole ratio of borax and washing soda to soap.
4. Mix well, crushing any clumps

One bar of Fels Naptha soap measures about 1 1/4 cups.

Using instructions: measure 1 - 2 tbsps per load. Detergent will NOT sud.

Things I've learned:
* I purchase all of my ingredients at Ace Hardware.
* using the smallest holes in the grater works better.
* running the bigger chunks through the food processor will make the soap finer

Things I've been told:
- White cotton shirts are often dyed white. T-shirts may turn gray. I haven't seen this with our t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment